WEEKend 2 to-do checklist
[p1] dots strategy steps 3-4
- ___ review [p1] dot handout
- ___ review habit crit handout
- ___ complete process crit write ups [habit crit guide] in VJ
- ___ select strongest 5 comps (total 15) for each concept
- ___ render comps on white 5×5 cardstock with sharpie
(neatness = craft = matters)
layout on table top before 9:30 M 9/10 for critical analysis/table team crit
[p2] squared strategy steps 1-3
- ___ read [p2] squared handout carefully
- ___ select three word sets
- ___ develop a series of thumbnails for each set in VJ
(recommend 10 sketches per word = ~60)
- ___ select strongest three sets (6 comps) for each word set
- ___ render these 18 comps slightly larger on a square format, ~3×3 or 4×4.
execute so idea is clearly communicated.
using just outlines is not effective.
- ___ cut a part
bring to class for peer critical review
photo dot walk (see page 2 of [p2] squared)
- ___ read handout
- ___ go for a walk
- ___ shoot (camera phone or camera) images of dots/spots that you see occurring in the environment, man made or natural. Go paparazzi at each location.
- ___ review photos and select 4 distinct but interesting photos emphasizing dots from your walk
- ___ order photographic prints (put in VJ by 9/12)
MONDAY MATERIALS all previous thumbnails and renderings PLUS bring supplies to complete [p1] + [p2] = WASH kit, black paper, photo matte paper, sharpies, spray glue, etc
Final dot and squared critique 9/12; install work Sunday evening or Monday morning BEFORE 9 am. Crit will begin promptly at 9:30 work that is not up at that time will be counted as a zero.0