Visual artists: Why write? Right?
Why might high creative achievers, artist, be compelled to write?
- High need for cognition
- Order the mind (cog complexity, lexical chaos reduction or reordering; facilitate cog switching control)
- Counter/buffer social evaluatory threat as a function of domain specific bending and breaching conventions
- consolidate, order, and exercise memory pathways and function
- Buffer long term effects of developmental adversity–familial loss or dysfunc, minority status of difference, social upheaval
- Buffer threats as a result of persnickety personality practices
- Buffer threats and regulate psychopathological inconveniences
- Lexical play, self-entertainment