COMPLETE THE FOLLOWING BEFORE MONDAY, FEBRUARY 14
Listen and PLAY with your Modular Madness materials
- Layout/dump out objects
- Play with them and arrange them
according to their intrinsic qualities…line, shape, texture, function, etc
- Make/play with materials into 5 arrangements; carefully photograph each arrangement post to blog (make more if you feel like you haven’t found a good, natural system for the materials)
- Carefully read 3D Project 2 Modular Madness download
- Draft/sketch up two possible directions for your piece to go. Include ideas about how you are going to hold it together (POST to blog).
- Bring all necessary materials, sketches Monday plus primary binding method materials and at least one alternative system and materials
Relevant artists: Tara Donovan, Theo Jansen, Doris Salcedo, Richard Long, Andy Goldsworthy, Carl Andre, Sol Lewitt, The Art Guys, Dan Steinhilber, Patrick Doughherty, Rebecca Ward.
BLOGS due MONDAY for GRADE 1 of Visual Journal.
Carl Andre plays with wood.