update VJ–due Oct 8-9
content for check up #2 surface visual journal
- dot or square comp–selected for [p3] mapscapes
- sketches--12 polished topographic + magnetic sketch studies
- research evidence–additional research for mapscapes. see WEEKend #4 checklist
- brainstorming lists—[p4] human comp collab
- calendar/schedule—[p4] human comp collab
- research–[p4] human comp collabs individual research (see blog posting week 5)
- crit notes–[p3] mapscapes (5 things you learned from others plus crit notes)
- crit write up–use mapscape crit guide
- gradesheets–dots, squared blitz, mapscapes
- photographs–[min] three photos of [p3] mapscapes; 1-both together; 1-topo only; 1 mag only; recommend some detail shots as well
- photographs–your two [p4] human comp collab
- complete human comp collab. crit 10/8-9 (install night prior).
- complete independent line drawings Series One Drawings
Remember to not hold your marking utensil based on writing habits. Explore
holding multiple tools at once (ie 5 pencils instead of one). If
too large create a cardboard sandwich to protect them. Bring all drawings to
Complete each on separate paper. Repeat until you find the results interesting AND pleasing. Recommend using good paper.
- Draw 100 parallel lines with your eyes closed.
- Attack the page with a mark-making tool
- Attack the page with an alternate mark-making tool
- Draw 200 lines. 100 with each hand at the same time.
- Crumple paper and smooth, then draw repetitive lines for 4-8 minutes.
- Fold paper and smooth, then draw repetitive lines for 4 minutes.
- Tape your page down, write your name 100 or more times with your eyes
- Tape your page down, write a thought over and over until the page is full (10
minutes or more).
PENCILS (presharpened)…consider some with softer (dark) lead, INK, wide mouth container for ink, crazy non-art objects to dip in ink (bring 15 items minimum), lots of PAPEr (quality that will handle ink), tape to secure paper