WEEKend 2 to-do list
p dots strategy step 5
- ___ review [p1] dot handout
- ___ complete habit crit write up in VJ
- ___ complete process concept crit write ups in VJ
- ___ create a pocket for thumbnails and extra dot comps and store in VJ
- ___ carefully render on 5×5 photo matte paper final three dot comps.
bring black paper and supplies to mount comps on Tuesday
[p2] squared strategy steps 1-3
- ___ read [p2] squared handout carefully
- ___ select three word sets
- ___ develop a series of thumbnails for each set in VJ
(recommend 10 sketches per word = ~60)
- ___ select strongest three sets (6 comps) for each word set
- ___ render these 18 comps slightly larger on a square format, ~3×3 or 4×4.
execute so idea is clearly communicated.
using just outlines is not effective.
- ___ cut a part
bring to class for peer critical review
photo dot walk (see page 2 of [p2] squared)
- ___ read handout
- ___ go for a walk
- ___ shoot (camera phone or camera) images of dots/spots that you
see occurring in the environment, man made or natural. Go paparazzi at
- ___ review photos and select 4 distinct but interesting photos emphasizing dots from your walk
- ___ order photographic prints (put in VJ by 9/12)
TUESDAY MATERIALS all previous thumbnails and renderings PLUS bring supplies to complete [p1] + [p2] = WASH kit,
black paper, photo matte paper, sharpies, spray glue, etc
dot and squared critique 9/13; install work Monday evening or Tuesday
morning BEFORE 9 am. Crit will begin promptly at 9:30. Work that is not
up at that time will be counted as a zero.